"Motherhood is not a hobby, it is a calling. You do not collect children because you find them cuter than stamps. It is not something to do if you can squeeze the time in. It is what God gave you time for." Elder Neal L. Anderson

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Back 2 School Traditions.




I just realized that I haven't posted anything since January!
We bought a new home in Sept. 2012 and I guess with moving and fixing things up I have completely ignored my blogs!
I hope to post a new idea for being a better mother at least once a month!
.
Do any of you moms out there do something special for your kids each day?
Like, send a note in their lunch?
My kids eat hot lunch so that doesn't work for me
When I was a child my mom always had warm home made bread or cookies waiting for us.
I LOVED it and more importantly, I always felt loved.
So, I am hoping to have something for them each day when they get home.
Like muffins or an apple with a yummy dip or cookies... something.
I want them to feel loved by their mother when they come home... you know, before we have the fight over home work... ;)

<3


I think I'll try making this Blueberry Buttermilk Cake, but with something other than blueberries... cause I don't have any. Hmmm. What could I use?


1 cup of butter
2 cups sugar
3 eggs
2 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup sour cream
2 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 cup buttermilk {did you know you can use regular milk, and add 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar to it, in place of buttermilk!}
1 1/2 cup fresh blueberries

For the glaze:
4 tablespoon butter 
1 cup powder sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 - 3 tablespoons milk more if need to get to the right consistency
.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
In a medium bowl cream butter and the sugar until well incorporated. 
Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until fluffy. 
Add the sour cream and beat until the batter is smooth and fluffy. 
In a separate bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients, and add then add dry ingredient to the batter and partially mix together. 
Add the buttermilk and beat until you have a smooth batter.
Add the blueberries and gently fold them into the batter. 
Pour into a  10-inch bundt pan that has been greased and floured. 
Bake in a 350 degree oven for 50 to 55 minutes or until a pick comes out clean. 
Let cool in the bundt pan for 10 minutes to cool and remove from pan and continue to cool until completely cooled.

For the glaze -
In a small sauce pan melt the butter and continue to cook over low heat until it turns a golden brown color. 
When it reaches this color take it off the stove and set aside. 
In a small bowl whisk together the powder sugar and the vanilla and then whisk in the brown butter. 
Thin out the glaze with milk until it is the right consistency.  
Drizzle over cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment