"Motherhood is not a hobby, it is a calling. You do not collect children because you find them cuter than stamps. It is not something to do if you can squeeze the time in. It is what God gave you time for." Elder Neal L. Anderson

Friday, January 18, 2013

Busy.


For this week and the rest of my life this is going to be my new motto. 
Why is it so appealing to be "busy?" 
Why do I need to have a million things on my plate to feel like I'm accomplishing something? 
Isn't having 4 kids, a husband and a house to clean up after enough?
And I feel like all of the other things I throw into my life are just taking away from what's most important, my family. 

So let's stop this madness! 

Lets stop the glorification of busy and see what happens! 
I bet I will feel less stressed. 
I bet I will not be so horrible to my kids. {at least I feel horrible most days.} 
I bet I will take more time to sit back and enjoy the small things around me. The things that won't stay small forever, and definitely won't want to show me the cute picture they drew, with such enthusiasm you'd think they'd painted the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel. 

These are the things I should be filling my life with. 
Water coloring with my four year old. 
Reading with my six year old. 
Cooking with my almost nine year old. 
Cuddling on the couch with Mr, even though he's watching basketball

I love my family and I want them to know that they are the most important thing in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment