"Motherhood is not a hobby, it is a calling. You do not collect children because you find them cuter than stamps. It is not something to do if you can squeeze the time in. It is what God gave you time for." Elder Neal L. Anderson

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Keep It Simple

As a mom I have started noticing, the older they get, the more my kids need my attention. We recently moved and now that things have settled down and the kids have gotten into their routine of a new school, I have really found myself wanting to spend more time with "just" them.  I have started small.


One night we taped squares inside of squares on the floor. {this picture shows a circle, but I found it easier to tape off a square!}  Each square had a point value.  We took turns rolling golf balls into the squares and kept points.  They thought it was the greatest thing EVER!  I couldn't believe it.  On another night we took turns running up the stairs. We saw who could skip the most steps, we saw who could run up them without stopping and then who could run up them the fastest.  They had fun and then they were DOG TIRED, so bonus for Mom and Dad cause they went to sleep great that night!
I found this quote and think it's amazing.

“We women have a lot to learn about simplifying our lives. We have to decide what is important and then move along at a pace that is comfortable for us. We have to develop the maturity to stop trying to prove something. We have to learn to be content with what we are.” -Marjorie Hinckley

Such a smart women.

No comments:

Post a Comment